Peaches are in season. Often to use a peach you will need to peel it. Have you ever tried to peel a peach with a knife? If you have you are going to love this entry. If you haven’t, save yourself some time and do this. This method will produce perfectly smooth, beautiful peaches with no nicks or blemishes.
Time: 10 minutes, which includes waiting for the water to boil
Hardware: A paring knife, a pot of boiling water, a large bowl of ice water, a large slotted spoon or skimmer
1. Put a large pot of water onto boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and water.
2. Cut a small ex in the end of the peach opposite the stem.
3. Carefully lower the peaches into the boiling water. Allow them to boil for no more than 30 seconds. Using the slotted spoon remove the peaches from the boiling water and place them in the ice bath.
4. Let them sit in the ice for 30 seconds.
5. The skin will just peel off.
This method will work for all thin skinned fruits and tomatoes.