Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Friday, July 21, 2017

How to Peel a Peach













Peaches are in season. Often to use a peach you will need to peel it. Have you ever tried to peel a peach with a knife? If you have you are going to love this entry. If you haven’t, save yourself some time and do this. This method will produce perfectly smooth, beautiful peaches with no nicks or blemishes.
Time:  10 minutes, which includes waiting for the water to boil
Hardware:  A paring knife, a pot of boiling water, a large bowl of ice water, a large slotted spoon or skimmer




Ingredients:
Ripe Peaches

1.       Put a large pot of water onto boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and water.


















2.       Cut a small ex in the end of the peach opposite the stem.


3.       Carefully lower the peaches into the boiling water. Allow them to boil for no more than 1 minute. Using the slotted spoon remove the peaches from the boiling water and place them in the ice bath.
 
 



4.       Let them sit in the ice for 30 seconds.
5.       The skin will just peel off.



This method will work for all thin skinned fruits and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment