|South of the Border Wings|
More wings!!!! More pantry shopping! A package of taco seasoning and a jar of taco sauce proved to be magic. You probably have these ingredients in your pantry now, so if you have waited until the last minute to plan for your Super Bowl party these South of the Border Wings to the rescue.
Servings: Dozen wings
Hardware: Kitchen scissors, measuring spoons and cups, a small bowl, tongs, a baking sheet, a cooling rack (or foil), a sauce pot, wooden spoon
Time: Cook-50 minutes, Active time: 10 minutes, Wings in about an hour
- 12 wings
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8-ounce jar of your favorite taco sauce
- Crushed tortilla chips for garnish
- Use the kitchen scissors to separate the flaps from the drummettes. Also, snip the points from the flaps.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400˚. Place the cooling rack over the baking sheet. If you don’t have a cooling rack, just line the baking dish with foil. Spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Place the butter in the bowl and microwave for 40 second. Mix the taco seasoning, paprika, cumin and pepper with the softened butter.
- Rub the mixture all over the wings. Lay the wings in a single layer on the cooling rack place in the oven. Cook for 40 minutes. If you prefer crispier wings turn the broiler on for 5 minutes or so. Make sure to monitor them so they don't burn. Turn the oven off and leave in the warm oven for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the taco sauce in the pot and warm.
- Remove the wings from the oven and toss in the warm sauce. Sprinkle with crushed chips. Serve warm.