I serve this over whole wheat pasta because, in addition to being better for you, the pasta adds a nice texture to the dish. You can throw in cooked ham, chicken or shrimp at the end if you absolutely must have meat, but this is hearty enough to eat as is.
Servings: 4-6Time: Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 30-35 minutes
Hardware: measuring spoons and cups, a cutting board and knives, a large heavy bottom skillet (I prefer a cast iron skillet), a colander, a wooden spoon, zester
|Cook at home|
- Olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces of baby portabella mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 15 pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 6 ounce jar of marinated artichoke heart
- 1 cup of a sweet wine (I used Mascato)
- Zest of one lemon
- 8 ounces cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- Mince the garlic. Clean and roughly chop the mushrooms. Chop the tomatoes.
- Drain the artichokes, reserving ¼ cup of the liquid.
- Heat the oil on medium. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Cook on medium for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes and mushrooms begin to give up their liquid. Stir occasionally.
- Add the artichokes, rosemary, reserved liquid, and wine. Allow the liquid to come to a boil. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. This should take 20 minutes or so. Stir enough to keep anything from sticking.
- Zest the lemon over the sauce. Remove the rosemary sprigs. Taste and adjust the salt.
- Serve immediately over whole wheat spaghetti.
|Artichokes & Mushrooms over |
Whole Wheat Pasta