Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pizza Chicken

I try to cook from scratch most days.  However, some days I just can’t.  The temptation to grab a burger or pizza is almost overwhelming when I have been at work for 13 hours.  Fight that urge.
This is easy, fast, and really yummy.  And while I cannot call this health food, it isn’t as unhealthy as a burger and fries.  I used DelGrosso Marinara©.  DelGrosso sauces are more expensive, but they have no added sugar and no preservatives.  Applegate Natural Pepperoni© is a good choice if you are hoping to avoid nitrates and additives.  Instead of using chicken tenders you can use rotisserie chicken.  I added chopped tomatoes, onions, olives, and artichokes.  Dinner I can feel okay eating in less than 30 minutes.



Servings: 4-6
Time:  Prep: 5 minutes; Cooking:  15 minutes
Hardware: 11x7 baking dish, measuring cups

Ingredients
  • 1 pound prepared chicken tenders (or 1 ½ pounds shredded rotisserie chicken)
  • 2 cups marinara sauce
  • 5 ounces nitrate free pepperoni
  • 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • ¼ cup each of your favorite pizza toppings
  • Cooking spray

  1.  Preheat the oven to 350°.   Spray the pan with the cooking spray.
  2. Cut the tenders into bite size pieces. Place the chicken tenders evenly spaced out into the pan. 
  3. Pour the sauce into the pan, spreading it out evenly and covering the chicken.  Layer the pepperoni over the sauce.  Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
  4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the sauce.  Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
  5. I served the pizza chicken over thin spaghetti with a side salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment