This is easy, fast, and really yummy. And while I cannot call this health food, it isn’t as unhealthy as a burger and fries. I used DelGrosso Marinara©. DelGrosso sauces are more expensive, but they have no added sugar and no preservatives. Applegate Natural Pepperoni© is a good choice if you are hoping to avoid nitrates and additives. Instead of using chicken tenders you can use rotisserie chicken. I added chopped tomatoes, onions, olives, and artichokes. Dinner I can feel okay eating in less than 30 minutes.
Servings: 4-6Time: Prep: 5 minutes; Cooking: 15 minutes
Hardware: 11x7 baking dish, measuring cups
- 1 pound prepared chicken tenders (or 1 ½ pounds shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 5 ounces nitrate free pepperoni
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup each of your favorite pizza toppings
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray the pan with the cooking spray.
- Cut the tenders into bite size pieces. Place the chicken tenders evenly spaced out into the pan.
- Pour the sauce into the pan, spreading it out evenly and covering the chicken. Layer the pepperoni over the sauce. Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the sauce. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- I served the pizza chicken over thin spaghetti with a side salad.