Servings: Makes 1½ -2 cupsTime: prep: 5-10 minutes; Rest: 2 hours-overnight
Hardware: Measuring cups and spoons, a cutting board and a large knife, an airtight container
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ a green pepper or 3 baby bells
- 2 large tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Break down the pineapple. First cut off 1 inch from the bottom and then 1 inch from the top. Then use the knife to cut off the outside as close as possible. You may need to use the knife to cut out some of the eyes. Then cut off the flesh down to the hard core.
- Chop everything and toss it together. Taste and adjust salt. Refrigerate for at least two hours.