Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Ranch Dressing

I like to make my own salad dressing.  Bottled dressing always has a strange aftertaste. Maybe it is the xanthum gum or disodium phosphate…Who knows?  This will not taste like the stuff you make with the dry package of strange chemicals.  I think it tastes better.  I know that it is better for you.  I made this jar for my Ranch  Chicken Sandwiches.

Servings: 1¾ cups   Time: 10 minutes
Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a knife and cutting board, a whisk, a plastic spatula, a mixing bowl, and an airtight container.

Ingredients:
  • ¾ cup mayonnaise
  • ¾ cup buttermilk
  • ¼ cup sour cream
  • 1 ½ tablespoon minced chives
  • 1 tablespoon minced parsley
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • ½ teaspoon FRESH ground black pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic
Better when homemade
Mince the chives and parsley.  Mash the garlic. Shake the buttermilk vigorously. Whisk everything together.  Store the Ranch Dressing in the fridge until you are ready to use it.  Allow the dressing to rest for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight to allow the flavors to meld.  This will keep for a week if you keep it refrigerated.





No comments:

Post a Comment