Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Spicy Sausage Balls

More appetizers!  These are delicious.  They are also easy to make and require little time or skill. I have had something similar made with Bisquick.  I didn’t like those as they were dry and pasty.  I think the cornflake crumbs make the difference with these.  The crumbs are slightly sweet and create a more pleasing texture.  You can make these ahead of time and freeze the uncooked balls.  Allow to thaw before baking.

Servings: 20-25 balls
Hardware:  Measuring spoons and cups, a mixing bowl, un-powdered latex gloves, non-stick foil, a baking sheet, a paper towel covered plate.
Time:  Prep:  10 minutes    Cooking: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound spicy bulk breakfast sausage
  • ½ cup cornflake crumbs
  • ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • ¼ cup flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  1. Line the baking sheet with foil.  Pre-heat the oven to 375˚.
  2. This is easiest to do with your hands.  Put on the latex gloves. Combine all the ingredients in the bowl and mix with your hands. Make balls using 1 tablespoon of the mixture.
  3. Place the balls, not touching, on the baking sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes.
  4. Place the balls on the plate to drain. 
  5. Serve warm. You can offer your guests warm pepper jelly, BBQ sauce, or chili sauce for dipping. 
Spicy Sausage Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment