Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lemon Caper Butter Sauce


This sauce is perfect as a condiment with fish, shrimp, crab cakes, or even baked chicken. Double the recipe and toss over angle hair pasta for an easy but impressive side dish.  

Servings:  ¼ cup
Time: 5 minutes
Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a zester, spoon, a saucepan

Ingredients:
  • 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter (½ stick)
  • 2 cloves of crushed garlic
  • 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed (buy tiny capers)
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • A pinch of kosher salt
  • 2 grinds of fresh cracked pepper.
  1. Crush the garlic, zest and juice the lemon
  2. Over medium heat melt the butter in the sauce pan.
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients except the salt and pepper.  Simmer for 2 minutes.
  4. Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve right away.
I whipped this up to top my Parmesan Potato Crusted Tilapia. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment