Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Horseradish Cream Sauce

God is in the details.  Having a good sauce often elevates an ordinary dish to something amazing.  This sauce will make your steaks .....I'm at a loss for words.

Servings: 1 ½ cups

Time: prep: 5 minutes; rest: 4-24 hours
Hardware: Measuring cups and spoons, a whisk, a bowl, a storage container with a lid
Uses: Excellent on steak or prime rib roast


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper, to taste

Whisk everything together. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Stir before serving. This can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment