Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Tuna Melt



I worked at a sandwich shop for 7 years when I was much younger. One of my favorite sandwiches was the Tuna Melt. We didn’t stir any of the usual suspects into our tuna. So each person could have exactly what she wanted. You can tailor your sandwiches to your guests, too. 

These sandwiches are big.  I usually cut them in half. These are part of a fast, easy summer dinner.

Servings: 3-6
Time:  Prep: 10 minutes   Cooking:  10 minutes
Hardware:  A cutting board and knife, measuring spoons and cups, a bowl, a large skillet, tongs, rubber spatula, foil, a sheet pan

Ingredients:
  • 6 pieces of bacon (optional)
  • ¾ cup albacore white tuna (1- 6.4-ounce pouch)
  • ⅓ cup mayonnaise
  • 6-1 ounces slices Swiss cheese
  • ½ cup each chopped pickles, onions, and tomatoes
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 3 hoagie rolls
 
Tuna Melt
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350˚ and cover the sheet pan in foil. Set aside.
  2. Cook the bacon until it is crispy. Cut each bacon piece in half. Set aside.
  3. Mix the mayonnaise and tuna with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Cut the rolls length-wise, but make sure to not cut all the way through.  Fill each roll with ⅓ of the tuna mixture. Top with the ½ the pickles, onions and tomatoes. Then top each sandwich with 2 slices of cheese and 4 bacon halves. Place the sandwiches on the foil covered pan and bake for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese melts. Top with the other half of the veggies. Salt & pepper. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment