Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Strawberry Balsamic Foole

Strawberries are in season right now.  This year they are particularly juicy and sweet.  Obviously the best way to enjoy them is to just eat them naked (the fruit-not you.)  But macerating them in balsamic vinegar is surprisingly wonderful.  Also wonderful?  The fact is that this dessert has less than 200 calories per serving.  Really.

Servings:  4
Time:  Prep: 10 minutes, resting time:  1 hour
Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, knives and a cutting board, a whisk, an airtight container, 4 wineglasses

Ingredients
  • 1 pint strawberries
  • ½ cup balsamic vinegar glaze
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • A can of spray whipped cream
  • 8 lady fingers
  • Strawberries for garnish.

  1. Rinse and chop the strawberries.
  2. Whisk the glaze and sugar together.
  3. Toss the strawberries and glaze together and place everything in the container.  Allow the container to sit at room temperature for an hour.
  4. Rip up the cookies.
  5. Compose each foole in a wine glass.  Start with a layer of strawberries followed by whipped cream, then cookies, more strawberries, then end with whipped cream.
  6. Garnish with a strawberry.  Serve immediately.
Yummy & under 200 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment