Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Roasted Parmesan Asparagus


This year my Thanksgiving theme is ‘all things simple.’ Roasted Parmesan Asparagus couldn’t be any easier if it cooked itself. Also, I know that no everyone loves asparagus, so you could do this exact recipe using green beans. BUT, hear me out, offer these to people who think that they don’t like asparagus. They will change their minds!
Roasted Parmesan Asparagus

Servings:  6-8
Time: Prep: 5 minutes Cooking: 20 minutes-asparagus in about ½ an hour
Hardware: A cutting board and knife or kitchen shears, measuring spoons and cups, a large mixing bowl, a smaller bowl, a baking sheet, foil, tongs, silicone spatula

Ingredients:

  • 1-pound fresh asparagus
  • ½ stick of butter (¼ cup)
  • ¼ + ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper (or more according to taste)
  • Cooking spray


  1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Cover the baking sheet in foil and spray with cooking spray.
  2. Place the butter in the mixing bowl and melt in the microwave.
  3. Wash the asparagus and cut off the woody ends. Mix ¼ cup of Parmesan, the garlic, pepper and salt in the smaller bowl.
  4. Put the asparagus in the mixing bowl and coat with butter. Toss with the Parmesan mixture.
  5. Spread everything out evenly onto the foil, making sure to scrape all the cheese and butter out onto the spears. Roast for 10 minutes. Toss and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with more pepper if desired. Roast for 5-10 more minutes. Serve warm. Make sure to scrape up all the crunchy bits of cheese and serve that too. Or eat it yourself when no one is looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment