You can tweak this recipe by adding mushrooms, prepared artichokes, or diced olives with the onions. You can add all three if you wish. I served this over mashed potatoes, but it goes with pasta, rice, or can be served on its own.
Servings: 4-6Time: Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 20 Minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a cutting board and knives, a heavy bottom skillet (I prefer a cast iron skillet), a wooden spoon, tongs
|Sun Dried Tomato Chicken|
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- Olive oil to cover bottom of the skillet
- ½ cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sun dried tomato pesto (I used Classico)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt & pepper
- Salt both sides of the chicken. Roughly chop the onions and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan on medium. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and add the chicken. Sauté the chicken for 4 minutes per side.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Lower the heat and simmer 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Flip the chicken half way through.
- Adjust the salt and pepper. Serve warm over pasta or mashed potatoes.