Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sweet Chili Noodles

By reading this blog, you can tell that I like spicy food.  But I don’t just want heat, I want flavor and complexity.  This simple dish gives you all three.

















Servings: 4-6
Time:  Prep: 5 minutes;   Cooking:  13 minutes
Hardware:  A measuring spoon and cups, cutting board and knife, a sauce pot and a whisk, a large pot, a colander, a serving bowl

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz fettuccine
  • 1 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
  • ⅛ cup miran
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon sesame oil
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 3 green onions
  1. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
  2. Roughly chop the green onions. Set aside.
  3. Whisk the rest of the ingredients together in the sauce pot over medium heat.  The sauce should be just warm.
  4. Drain the noodles and toss with ½ the warm sauce and the onions.  Serve warm.
Offer the rest of the warm sauce to your guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment