|Top each skin with a dollop of sour cream and serve right way|
Creating a new recipe every week is becoming difficult. So I have decided to change up old recipes. Chipotle Potato Skins are familiar, but still new. Let me know what you think.
Servings: 12 appetizers
Time: Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 20 Minutes
Hardware: A microwave safe plate, cutting board and knives, measuring spoons and cups, a melon baller (optional) or a large spoon, a mixing bowl, baking sheet, and foil
- Steam in the bag new potatoes (can be found in the produce aisle-NOT the freezer)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce
- 1 teaspoon of adobe sauce from the chipotle pepper
- ¼ cup + ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons+ 2 tablespoons real bacon pieces
- S&P to taste
- Cooking spray
- Sour cream for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Microwave the potatoes for 7 minutes.
- Chop the adobe pepper and put it in the mixing bowl.
- Line the baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Carefully cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Using the melon baller or a spoon, scoop the flesh out of the potato halves, carefully preserving the skins. You are creating little boats. Put the potato flesh into the mixing bowl and each potato skin onto the baking sheet.
- Mix the potato, milk, butter, seasoning, pepper, sauce, ¼ cup cheese, 2 tablespoons bacon, and S&P until completely combined.
- Carefully fill each potato skin with the potato mixture. Sprinkle each potato skin with the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
You might also serve hot garlic wings, sweet and spicy teriyaki wings, and sausage and cream cheese wontons along with your chips and beer.