Servings: 4-6Time: Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 12-14 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a fork, 2 large shallow bowls**, non-stick foil, a baking sheet, a large spatula
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- S&P to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
|Crispy, crunchy joy!|
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Rinse the fish in clean water and pat dry. Cut into serving sizes. Liberally salt and pepper.
- Mix the potatoes, crumbs, cheese, and seasonings in a bowl.
- Beat the egg and yogurt together in the other bowl.
- Line the baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Dip each fillet into the yogurt mixture, then into the crumb mixture.
- Place the fish onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake the fish for 7 minutes and then turn with the spatula.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes on the second side depending on the thickness of the fillets. Be careful to not over cook the fish. It is done when it is opaque and flakes easily.
**I save aluminum pie plates for this. They are the perfect size and when it is time to clean up, I just toss the whole mess into the trash.