Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sesame Slaw

More broccoli slaw!  I make slaw often because it is so effortless and everyone loves slaw.  I also like mixing it up a little (puny.) The little kick of the ginger in this version is balanced nicely with the earthy taste of the sesame oil. 

Servings: 4
Time:    Prep: 10 minute Chill: 2 hours
Hardware:  Measuring spoons and cups, a cutting board and knives, a mixing bowl, a whisk, a large storage container

Sesame Slaw
 

Dressing

Ingredients:
  • ½ cup olive oil based mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • ½ teaspoon sesame oil
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1-12 ounce package of broccoli slaw
  • 3 green onions
  • 1 tablespoon grated ginger
  • dressing
  1. Whisk together all of the ingredients for the slaw.
  2. Wash the onions and slice them as thinly as you can.
  3. Toss the slaw, onions, and ginger.  Then toss the slaw with the dressing until everything is thoroughly coated.  Chill for at least two hours before serving.
Serve with Katsu Mustard Chicken and Sweet Chili Noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment