This was really easy and very delicious. I used dill, because I had feta cheese and those flavors pair well together. I didn’t know how those would taste with potatoes. The answer is scrumptious. Even my carnivore husband loved it. I’m already looking forward to making this again. Next time I may add mushrooms and spinach. So good.
|Potato Leek Tart|
|Fast, easy, yummy|
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a cutting board and knives, a bowl, a clean flat surface, a rolling pin, a pastry brush, 2 baking sheets and parchment paper, a spatula
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1 leek
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (more for garnish)
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Flour for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°. Cover the baking sheets in parchment paper and set aside. Allow the pastry to thaw for about 30.
- Slice the leek into rings. Place the leek into a bowl of water until you need it.
- Scrub the potatoes and slice them as thin as possible. Liberally salt the potatoes and spread them out on one of the baking sheets. Place the potatoes into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375˚.
- Unfold the pastry sheet onto the lightly floured work surface. Roll the pastry out to a 12’x12’ square. Place the pastry onto the other baking sheet.
- Toss the potatoes with the drained leeks, the torn dill, cheese, and a little more salt. Spread the potato mixture evenly on top of the pastry, leaving about a one inch boarder. Fold the edges of the pastry over and lightly press down.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tart is golden brown. Immediately brush the tart with butter and sprinkle with more dill.
- Cut into quarters. Serve warm.