When making the rolls, just be careful that the dough is pinched closed completely or you’ll have a goopy mess. You could add crumbled bacon, chopped olives, or any of your other favorite pizza toppings. Just make sure that everything is cooked and room temperature before you add it to the roll.
Servings: 8 appetizersTime: Prep: 10 minutes; cooking: 12-15 minutes
Hardware: knives and a cutting board, measuring spoons, a small microwave safe bowl, a pastry brush, and a baking sheet
- A roll of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 slices of pepperoni
- 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F
- Chop the pepperoni into small pieces. Divide the mozzarella into ½ ounce pieces
- Open the dough and separate it into 8 triangles. Place ½ ounce mozzarella and two chopped pepperoni slices along the side opposite the point. Roll up each crescent as usual toward the triangle tip. Fold the open ends under and pinch closed, so that when you bake the rolls the cheese doesn’t leak out.
- Place each roll on the baking sheet and bake for 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic powder.
- As soon as you remove the rolls from the oven, brush with garlic butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Allow to rest for 2 minutes and serve with marinara sauce