Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Thursday, January 31, 2019

A-1 Wings


It’s that time of year again—Super Bowl. Every year, I make a new batch of wings. This year I went with something everyone loves, A-1 Steak Sauce. I worried that the steak sauce would be overwhelming, but after it was mixed with the butter and honey, I think these may be my favorite ever! Try these and my other wing flavors and decide for yourself.

Servings:  2 dozen wings
Hardware:  Kitchen scissors, measuring spoons and cups, food prep gloves, a small bowl, tongs, a baking sheet, a cooling rack (optional), foil, a sauce pan, a rubber spatula
Time: Active time: 10 minutes- Cook time: 50 minutes-Wings in an hour

Ingredients:

  • 2 dozen wings
  • 1 + 1 sticks of butter at room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons Montreal Steak Seasoning (I like McCormick)
  • 1cup A-1 Steak Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • Cooking spray

A-1 Wings
  1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
  2. Use the kitchen scissors to separate the flaps from the drumettes. Also, snip the points from the flaps.
  3. Line the baking sheet with foil. If you have a cooling rack place it over the foil-lined sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
  4. Place one stick of softened butter in the small bowl. Wearing the gloves mix the Montreal Steak Seasoning with the butter by sort of squishing them together as if the butter were Play-Doh. Rub the mixture all over the wings, making sure they are thoroughly covered.
  5. Lay the wings in a single layer on the cooling rack. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Flip and roast for 20 more minutes. Turn the oven up to broil for 2-4 minutes to crisp up the skin. Turn the heat off and leave in the warm oven for 10 minutes.
  6. When you turn the oven off, mix the other stick of butter, honey and steak sauce together over medium. Stir until the butter melts.
  7. Remove the wings from the oven and pour all the juices from the pan into the sauce. Toss the wings in the sauce and make sure the wings are completely coated. Serve warm.

1 comment: