|You will fall in love with this soup!|
Hardware: A cutting board and knives, measuring spoons and cups, a mixing bowl, un-powdered latex gloves, a stock pot, a wooden spoon,
Time: Prep: 15 minutes Cooking: 20 minutes
- ½ pound ground chicken
- ⅛ cup bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons pesto
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- This is easiest to do with your hands. Put on latex gloves. Combine all the ingredients in the bowl and mix with your hands. Make small ½ inch meatballs.
- chicken meatballs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ small onion (¼ cup)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot (½ cup)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup baby spinach leafs
- 1 cup small pasta (I used ditali)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan + more for garnish
- Wash the spinach. Remove the stems and roughly chop.
- Wash the carrot. Dice the carrot, onion, and garlic.
- Heat the oil in the pot on medium high. Add the carrot, onion, and garlic. Allow to sauté for 5 minutes or until the onions are clear.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the meatballs and pasta. Allow the soup to return to boil. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. The pasta should be firm (al dente) and the meatballs should be cooked through. Stir in the spinach and Parmesan cheese. Cook for another 2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- S&P to taste. Garnish with more Parmesan.