|Beet and Goat Cheese Salad|
Time: 10 minutes
Hardware: Salad bowl & salad tongs, measuring spoons and cups, a strainer, a cutting board and knives, a bowl, 4 serving dishes
- 1-5 ounce bag of pre-washed mixed spring salad greens
- 16 ounces pickled beets
- 2 small oranges.
- 6 ounces chèvre
- 6 ounces chopped walnuts
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup of Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Salt & Pepper
- Drain the beets.
- Chop the green onions including the green part. Peel and section the oranges removing any strings, seeds, or pith.
- Toss the greens and onions with ⅓ cup of the vinaigrette. Salt sparingly.
- Place the salad into the serving bowls. Top each serving with ¼ of the beets and oranges. Sprinkle on 1½ ounce each cheese and walnuts. Drizzle on a little more vinaigrette. Finish with a few grinds of black pepper.
|Beautiful, healthy, and tasty|