Servings: 4-6Hardware: A cutting board and knives, measuring spoons and cups, a pot with a lid, a wooden spoon,
Time: prep: 10 minutes, cook: 30 minutes, rest: 3 minutes
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- ½ a small bell pepper (¼ cup)
- 1 small onion (¼ cup)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 2 ¼ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of rice
- Dice the pepper and onion, the smaller the better. Set aside
- Cook and crumble the sausage in the pot over medium heat until it is no longer pink. This will take about 6-7 minutes. Stir often. Add the onion and pepper and cook for 2-3 more minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the chicken stock and allow the mixture to come to a boil. Stir in the remaining ingredients and wait for it to return to a boil.
- Cover with the lid and turn the rice down to simmer. Simmer, without opening the lid, for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, with the lid still on, and allow it to rest for 3 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve warm. Offer your guests hot sauce.