Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Pineapple Jalapeño Dipping Sauce

I made this dipping sauce to use with Coconut Shrimp but it would really be good any time you might use tartar sauce. It is sweet, salty, spicy, and delicious.

Servings:  Makes 1 ½ cups
Time:  prep: 5-10 minutes; Rest: 2 hours-overnight
Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a cutting board and knives, a can opener, a zester, a whisk or fork, a mixing bowl, a rubber spatula, an airtight container

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 8 ounces crushed pineapple
  • The zest and juice from 1 lime
  • 1 green onion
  • 2 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeños
  • 2 teaspoons diced cilantro
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  1. Juice and zest the lime. Slice the green onion as thinly as possible.  Dice the jalapeños and cilantro, the smaller the better. Set aside.
  2. Remove all the liquid from the pineapple.
  3. Whisk the ingredients together until everything is thoroughly combined.  Place the sauce into the airtight container and put it in the fridge.  Allow the sauce to rest for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
  4. Use the dip with Coconut Shrimp or in place of tartar sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment