Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Warm, Curry, Goat Cheese Spread

Jeff and I like to eat out.  We try to visit local restaurants whenever we can.  We used to go to this little restaurant here in town that had a fantastic wrap around porch.  It was behind a local plant nursery so it was surrounded by fruit trees.  We liked to go there when the weather was cool, sit on the porch, have a few drinks, and talk.  We always ordered Warm, Curry, Goat Cheese Spread.  I’m not sure that this is the exact recipe, but it is delicious none the less.  That little restaurant closed, but we remember it whenever I make this.

We also like to invite friends over and relax at home.  We have served Warm, Curry, Goat Cheese Spread at an end of the week happy hour.  We found that curry and goat cheese go best with a nice cold beer. I am not much of a beer drinker, so I opened a bottle Zinfandel (red not pink) which paired nicely with the dish.  We set out slices of cucumbers, carrots, and an olive try, too.  This took little effort as I had sliced the veggies and stirred the cheeses together the night before.  Instant party.

Servings:  Makes 2 cups
Time:  prep: 5 minutes; Bake: 12-15 minutes
Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a 14 ounce baking dish, a spoon

Ingredients:
  • 10 ounces chèvre (soft goat cheese)
  • 6 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 tablespoon curry paste
  • Crackers or toasted pita bread
  1. Preheat the oven to 375˚.
  2. Mix the cheeses and curry paste together.  Bake for about 5 minutes.
  3. Remove from the oven and stir. Return to the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes more or until the top is set and begins to crack a little.
  4. Serve warm with crackers or toasted slices of pita bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment