You can tweak this recipe by adding capers or horseradish. You can also substitute spicy mustard for some or all of the
. Depending on your tolerance for heat, you
can increase or omit the hot sauce. The
sauce will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days and should in fact be allowed to
rest overnight before serving. So good.
Servings: Makes 1 cup
Time: prep: 5-10 minutes; rest: 2 hours-overnight
Hardware: Measuring cups and spoons, a cutting board and knives, a whisk or fork, a mixing bowl, a rubber spatula, an airtight container
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh (or dried) parsley
- 1 tablespoon
style hot sauce Louisiana
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green onion
- Slice the green onion as thinly as possible. Dice the garlic and parsley, the smaller the better. Set aside.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together until everything is thoroughly combined. Stir in the onion, garlic, and parsley.
- Place the sauce into the airtight container and put it in the fridge. Allow the sauce to rest for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Use the Rèmoulade sauce to spice up your seafood dishes.
|Rèmoulade Sauce is perfect with |
Shrimp Po' Boys