Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Maple Orange Glazed Ham

Here is a glazed ham for Easter.  This is really easy and very tasty. I recommend using the cloves, it makes a difference.

Servings: 8 to 10
Time:    Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 1 ½ -3 hours
Hardware:  Roasting pan, meat thermometer, foil, measuring spoons & cups, a saucepot, and a wooden spoon

Easter Ham


Ingredients:
  • 5-8 pound fully cooked ham
  • ½ cup maple syrup
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup orange juice
  • ½ teaspoon grated ginger
  • 1 tablespoon stone ground brown mustard
  • Whole cloves (optional)
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 325°
  2. Place the ham, fat side up, on the rack of the roasting pan.  If you want to you can stick cloves into the ham in rows about an inch apart. Cover the ham in foil.  Bake the ham for about 20 minutes per pound or until the thermometer reads 145°.
  3. While the ham is baking combine the remaining ingredients over medium high.  Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. About 20 minutes before the ham is done remove the foil and pour half of the glaze evenly over the top.  About 10 minutes later, pour rest of the glaze over the ham.
  5. Allow the ham to rest for about 5 minutes before serving. 

Menu:  Maple Orange Glazed Ham, Cheesy Potatoes, Cucumber Salad, Dinner Rolls, Floriberry Crumble
 

No comments:

Post a Comment