Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake

You got your cheesecake in my pumpkin pie.
Well, you got your pumpkin pie in my cheesecake.

Two great tastes that taste great together!

Servings: 6-8

Hardware: Measuring cups and spoons, spatula, pastry brush, mixing bowl, mixer, foil
Time: Prep: 20 Cook: 45 minutes

Ingredients
  • 1 + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1-8 ounce package cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
-----------------------------
  • 1-15ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling-I use Libby’s)
  • 2/3 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon ginger
  • ¼ teaspoon cloves
  • ¼ teaspoon allspice
---------------------------
  • 1 deep dish pie crust

  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Bake the pie crust for about 5 minutes. Brush the inside of the pie crust with 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup. (This is to keep the pie crust from getting soggy.)
  3. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, syrup and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Blend in the egg. Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Spread evenly with the spatula.
  4. Mix the pumpkin, remaining sugar and eggs, sweetened condensed  milk, and spices together and beat until smooth.
  5. Pour the pumpkin mixture carefully over the cheese mixture.
  6. Cover the edges of the pie crust in foil. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center of pie is set. Remove the foil the last 5 minutes of baking.
Cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold. Top with caramel sauce to make this sinfully wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment