Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Monday, July 1, 2019

Lemon Garlic Aioli


Lemon Garlic Aioli

Everyone thinks aioli is just fancy mayonnaise. However, real aioli is just an emulsion of garlic, salt and olive oil. Mayo contains egg. However, making an emulsion of just garlic and oil is very difficult to do, so we are making sort of aioli. Just as good, much easier.

Servings:  1 cup
Time: 5 minutes
Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a zester, a garlic press or a mortar and pestle, a whisk, a plastic spatula, and an airtight container




 Ingredients:

  • 1 cup mayonnaise (I use olive oil-based mayo)
  • 6 cloves garlic
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Zest and juice from 1 lemon
  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper

Zest and juice the lemon.  Mash the garlic. Whisk everything together.  Store the aioli in the fridge until you are ready to use it.  Allow the dressing to rest for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight to allow the flavors to meld.  This will keep for 3-4 days if you keep it refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment