Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Maple Glazed Carrots

My mom made these all the time when we were kids. They always remind me of home.













Servings: 6
Time: Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 30 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons, cutting board and knives, a saucepan, a colander

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound carrots
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • ½ stick butter
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoon orange preserves
  • S&P to taste

  1. Wash and slice the carrots. Bring the carrots and broth to a boil and cook until the carrots are tender, but not mushy, about 20 minutes. Drain them.
  2. Return the carrots and the remaining ingredients to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sugars are melted and most of the liquid has evaporated.
  3. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment