Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Friday, February 2, 2018

Cheesy Shrimp Bread



More food for the Super Bowl. This is messy and sloppy to eat, but so good. I made this a second time and ate it 4 nights in a row. I’ve gained 1,000 pounds AND I don’t care.

Usually I make suggestions on ways you can change my recipes up for your own tastes. Don’t change anything. I can give you recommendations on ways to get this goodness into your mouth. You can cut the bread into serving size pieces and let people eat it with a fork. You can also treat the bread like a bowl and serve this like a dip. Then cut up the empty bread bowl and eat it.


Cheesy Shrimp Bread
Servings: 18-24 bites
Time:  Active time: 15 minutes; cooking:  25 minutes, crunchy goodness in 50 minutes
Hardware: knives and a cutting board, a skillet, tongs, a plate, measuring spoons and cups, a mixer, a mixing bowl, a silicone spatula, a large serrated knife, parchment paper or foil, and a baking sheet

Ingredients:
  • Foot long French loaf
  • ½ stick of butter
  • 1 pound peeled and cleaned medium shrimp (41/50 count)
  • 10 cloves of garlic
  • 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 3 green onions
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella
  • Salt

  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. To make clean up easier, line the cooking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
  2. Slice the green onions and dice the garlic. Set aside.
  3. Salt the shrimp. Melt the butter in the skillet over medium. Add the shrimp and garlic to the skillet. SautƩ until the shrimp are just done, flipping once. This should take about 4-5 minutes. Place the shrimp onto the plate.
  4. Pour the butter and garlic into the mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
  5. Roughly chop the shrimp and fold them and most of the green onions (save a little for the top) into the cream cheese mixture. Taste and adjust the salt.
  6. Cut the bread in half long ways, like a hot dog bun.  Scoop out some of the bread in the center so that you create little boats. Fill the space that you created with the shrimp mixture. Put face up on the baking sheet and cover in shredded cheese. Sprinkle with the reserved green onions.
  7. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the bread is crunchy. Serve right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment