Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Friday, February 2, 2018

Garlicky Garlic Wings



Garlicky Garlic Wings
I love garlic. I love roasted garlic even more. Everything tastes better with garlic. And butter. So, I decided to take two of my favorite flavors and make wings. I was afraid this would be too simple, but it was simply delicious (see what I did there?)

I am not a huge fan of wings and mostly do these for my husband. BUT, I ate these. Many of them. And then I licked my fingers.

Servings:  1 dozen wings
Hardware:  Kitchen scissors, measuring spoons and cups, a knife and cutting board, food prep gloves, a small bowl, tongs, a baking sheet, a cooling rack (optional), foil, a small skillet, a rubber spatula, a whisk
Time: Active time: 10 minutes Cook time: 50 minutes, Wings in an hour




Ingredients:

  • 1 dozen wings
  • 2 sticks of butter at room temperature- separated
  • 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
  • salt
  • 8 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 2 green onions
  • Cooking spray

  1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
  2. Use the kitchen scissors to separate the flaps from the drumettes. Also, snip the points from the flaps.
  3. Line the baking sheet with foil. If you have a cooling rack place it over the foil-lined sheet. Spray with cooking spray.







  4. Dice the garlic cloves and slice the green onions, both the white and green parts. Set aside.
  5. Salt the wings liberally. Place one stick of the butter in the small bowl. Wearing the gloves mix the garlic powder with the butter by sort of smashing it up. Rub the mixture all over the wings, making sure they are thoroughly covered.
  6. Lay the wings in a single layer on the cooling rack. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Flip and roast for 20 more minutes. If you prefer crispier wings turn the broiler on for 5 minutes or so. Make sure to monitor them so they don't burn. Otherwise, turn the heat off and leave in the warm oven for 10 minutes.
  7. When you turn the oven off, place the second stick of butter in the skillet over medium. Add the garlic cloves  and stir until it becomes fragrant. Whisk in the flour and vinegar.
  8. Remove the wings from the oven, Toss the wings and the green onions in the sauce. Make sure the wings are completely coated. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment