Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Jalapeño Popper Bread

Jalapeño Popper Bread
We have been invited to two parties this New Year’s Eve. We are going to the one that starts earliest, visit for a while, and then head to the other. I created Jalapeño Popper Bread and Buffalo Chicken Bread for the parties.  I am just going to mix up the toppings and finish them at the party. 

I wanted to do something new, but not too new.  People want something familiar.  I decided to rift on some old stand-bys.  If the way my husband ate them up was any indication, these turned out really well.

Servings: 12-14 pieces
Time:  Prep: 10 minutes; cooking:  20 minutes
Hardware: knives and a cutting board, measuring spoons and cups, a mixer, a mixing bowl, a silicone spatula, a large serrated knife, parchment paper and a baking sheet








Ingredients:
  • Foot long French loaf
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 stick of butter, softened
  • 8 ounces cooked crumbled bacon
  • cup pickled jalapeños
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. To make clean up easier, line the cooking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Mix the cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Stir in the bacon and jalapeños.
  3. Cut the bread in half long ways, like a hot dog bun.  Spread each side with the jalapeño mixture.  Put face up on the baking dish and cover in shredded cheese.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the bread is crunchy. Cut each half into 6-7 slices.  Serve right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment