Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Bacon Parmesan Egg Noodles



I know that it is tempting to grab a box of pasta as a side dish. It seems easier and faster than making your own from scratch. It isn’t. This takes NO time and is delicious. And this contains no disodium guanylate. Unless you just like that.

I cook bacon on Sunday and keep it in the fridge for recipes such as this to save time. Sometimes, I toss in 2 tablespoons frozen peas or chopped matchstick carrots-or both.

Bacon Parmesan Egg Noodles
 Servings: 4
Time:  Prep: 5 minutes   Cooking:  11 minutes
Hardware:  A measuring spoons and cups, a large pot, a colander, a spoon and a serving bowl

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz wide egg noodles
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1 tablespoon onion flakes
  • ¼ cup shaved Parmesan
  • 3 slices crumbled bacon

  1. Cook the pasta following the package directions.
  2. Drain saving ⅛ cup of the pasta water.
  3. Toss the pasta, hot pasta water and the other ingredients. Taste and adjust the salt. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment