Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Friday, February 3, 2017

Parmesan Ranch Wings



Parmesan Ranch Wings

Football means chicken wings! This new flavor was inspired by ‘pantry shopping.’ Which is what I call digging around in the pantry and being creative with what I have available. I found a packet of ranch dressing mix and decided to take a chance. My husband loved them. These are super crispy and have the perfect amount of tang.

Servings:  Dozen wings
Hardware:  Kitchen scissors, measuring spoons, a small bowl, tongs, a baking sheet, a cooling rack (or foil)
Time: Cook time: 50 minutes, Active time: 10 minutes, Wings in an hour








Ingredients:
  • 1 dozen wings
  • ½ stick of butter
  • 1 packet ranch dressing mix
  • 2 heaping tablespoons Parmesan cheese
  • Cooking spray
  • Ranch dressing, Parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish

  1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
  2. Use the kitchen scissors to separate the flaps from the drumettes. Also, snip the points from the flaps.
  3. Place the cooling rack over the baking sheet.  If you don’t have a cooling rack, just line the baking dish with foil.  Spray liberally with cooking spray.
  4. Place the butter in the bowl and microwave for 40 seconds. Mix the dressing mix and Parmesan cheese with the butter. Rub the mixture all over the wings, making sure they are thoroughly covered.
  5. Lay the wings in a single layer on the cooling rack. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for 20 more. If you prefer crispier wings turn the broiler on for 5 minutes or so. Make sure to monitor them so they don't burn. Turn the oven off and leave in the warm oven for 10 minutes.
  6. Remove the wings from the oven and drizzle with ranch dressing. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and parsley.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment