Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Friday, July 31, 2015

Sesame Snow Peas

Sesame Snow Peas
We don’t eat enough green.  I have made a promise to myself to incorporate more veggies into our meals.  The problem with this is that my husband doesn’t really like vegetables.  He will eat broccoli, green beans, and corn.  Recently, I have noticed that he will eat one or two bites of some other vegetables as long as those veggies aren’t peas or cabbage or squash or eggplants or Brussels sprouts or….. You see where I’m going?

I made Sesame Snow Peas to accompany Tam-Tam Shrimp. I like this dish because it is very easy to make and tastes great.  My husband even ate three snow peas.  We take what victories we can get.

Servings: 4-6
Time:   Prep: 3 minutes; Cook: 6 Minutes
Hardware: microwave, microwave safe plate, plastic container with a lid, measuring spoons


 
Ingredients:
  • 2-6 ounce fresh, steam-in-the-bag snow peas (can be found in the produce section)
  • 1 tablespoon onion flakes
  • ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil (maybe more)
  • Salt
  1. Steam the snow peas on the plate according to package directions.
  2. Place them into the plastic container as soon as you remove them from the microwave.  Be careful to not burn yourself.
  3. Add the onion flakes, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and a little salt.  Seal the lid and shake like crazy.
  4. Taste and adjust the salt. You can also add a TINY bit more oil, but be careful because a tiny bit goes a long way.  Serve warm.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment