Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Yogurt Sauce

I love Middle Eastern food.  This sauce isn't necessarily a Middle Eastern recipe but it is inspired by the cuisine of the region. Yogurt is a common ingredient in sauces and dips, as are garlic and dill.  This can be used on warm Middle Eastern Meatballs, as a dipping sauce for chicken kabobs, or just on toasted slices of pita. 



Servings:  Makes 1 ½ cups
Time:  5 minutes
Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a garlic press, a cutting board and a knife, a sauce pan, and a whisk

 
Ingredients:
  • 12 ounces Greek Yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon clarified butter
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 1 tablespoon fresh dill
  1. Chop the dill and crush the garlic. Set aside.
  2. Gently melt the butter over low heat.
  3. Whisk in the yogurt, dill, and garlic.
  4. Heat until warm, making sure not to allow the yogurt to scald.
  5. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment