Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Roasted Brussels sprouts are a delectable side dish that takes almost no effort. 

Servings: 4
Time:    Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 30-40 minutes
Hardware:  Measuring cup, a large skillet that can be used on the stove top and in the oven (cast iron works great), a wooden spoon

Ingredients:
  • 12 oz bag of steam in the bag Brussels sprouts
  • ¼ cup of your favorite oil based Italian dressing (I use Ken's Northern Italian)
  • S&P to taste
  1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
  2. Heat the dressing on medium high until it becomes fragrant, about a minute.
  3. Open the frozen bag of Brussels sprouts and pour them right into the skillet.  Stir until they are completely coated with dressing.  Make sure they are in a single layer.
  4. Put the skillet into the oven and roast for 15 minutes.  Stir to make sure they are all coated again.  Roast for another 15 minutes and check to see if they are cooked enough for you..  I like mine firm and usually remove them after 30 minutes.  Some people prefer them mushy and cook them for 40 minutes.
  5. Remove them from the oven and salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.


Roasted Brussels Sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment