Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Crazy Good Banana Nut Bread

This has not been the best month: summer ended, received some very sad news about a friend, the economy sucks, and the tenth anniversary of 9/11 is very depressing. The world feels as if it were going bananas. When I’m stressed, I cook. Here is my quick and simple version of banana nut bread.


Guaranteed to make you feel better
Servings: 1 loaf
Time: Prep: 10 minutes, cooking: 65 minutes
Hardware: Measuring cups and spoons, 2 mixing bowls, a mixer, and a 9”x 5” glass loaf pan

Ingredients:
  • Butter and flour for the pan
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick of butter
  • ¾ cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 ½ cups mashed very ripe bananas (6-7 bananas)
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ cup chopped pecans
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees°.
  2. Grease and flour the loaf pan.
  3. In one bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
  4. In the other bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended.
  5. Stir the banana mixture and the nuts into the flour mixture. Do not over mix; it will make the bread tough. Stir until the flour is just moistened.
  6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
  7. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn it out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container or plastic wrap for 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment