Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lime Chipotle Mayo

More spice for your Sunday

Servings:  1 ½ cups
Time: 10 minutes
Uses:  Serve as a condiment with fish, shrimp, or chicken.  Excellent on tacos.

Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a cutting board and knives a zester, a wooden spoon, a bowl with a lid


 Ingredients:

  • 1 cup mayo
  • ½ cup sour cream
  • 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce; diced (These are spicy.  You can use less if you prefer.)
  • ¼ cup lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon lime zest
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper (sometimes called ancho chili powder)
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt 

  1.  Mix everything together.
  2. Store the Lime Chipotle Mayo in the fridge until you are ready to use it.


  

The combination of lime and chili gives this an authentic Mexican flavor.  When making tacos use boiled shrimp instead of beef or chicken. Use this mayo in place of salsa and you have turned a boring meal into something special.  You can also use this to make Caribbean Fish Flatbread Sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment