Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Baked Haddock



Baked Haddock

I am trying to expand my fish library. I don’t enjoy oily fish or fish that can be mushy. I asked our butcher for a mild and firm fish and he suggested haddock. I trust him, so here we are.

I looked up the best way to serve haddock and every site said that it was great for baking and frying. I knew that I didn’t want to fry it and I had made this same topping for a cheese ball and loved it.  This was soooo good. Usually, I cannot finish an entire piece of fish. I finished this and wanted more.








Servings: 4-6
Time:  Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 15 Minutes
Hardware:  measuring spoons and cups, a food processor or chopper, a large cast iron skillet (or any skillet you can place in the oven), a spatula and a pot holder

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound haddock
  • 3 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons melted butter
  • Salt & pepper
  • ½ cup panko bread crumbs
  • ¼ cup slivered almonds
  • ¼ cup cornflake crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon onion flakes
  • 1 teaspoon dried chives

Flaky, crunchy Baked Haddock



  1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
  2. Place 3 tablespoons of the butter into the pan and place it in the oven.
  3. Rinse the fish in clean water and pat dry.  Cut into serving sizes. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the fish.
  4. Add the remaining ingredients into the food processor and pulsate until everything is the size of aquarium gravel.
  5. Carefully remove the pan from the oven. Place the haddock into the pan, skin side down. Heap the topping onto the fish.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish is opaque all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment