Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Teriyaki Sauce






This can be used as a dipping sauce for pork dumplings.  It can also be brushed over chicken, fish, or shrimp during the last few minutes of broiling to act as a glaze.











Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a small bowl and fork, a sauce pan, a whisk
Servings:  Makes 1 ¾ cups
Time:  5 minutes

Ingredients:

· 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
· ½ cup Miran (you can substitute white wine and a tablespoon of sugar)
· 1 teaspoon sesame oil
· ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
· ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
· ¼ cup packed brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons cornstarch
· ⅛ cup cold water
  1. Whisk everything but the cornstarch and water together in the pan over medium heat.
  2. Mix cornstarch and cold water together until all of the cornstarch dissolves and there are no lumps. Add the cornstarch-y water to sauce and heat until thickened.
  3. Adjust to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment