Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Creamy Feta Dressing

I enjoy making my own dressing.  Homemade dressing is much tastier (and healthier) than store bought dressing and can come in as many varieties as you can dream up.

Servings:  1½ cups
Time:  5 minutes
Hardware:  Cutting board and knives, a bowl, a whisk, a glass jar with an airtight lid (or a salad dressing bottle)

Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt
  • ¼ cup sour cream 
  • 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning (you can make your own)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon dried dill
  • 1 ½ teaspoons dried garlic
  • ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • ¼ cup crumbled feta
Whisk all the ingredients except the feta until everything is thoroughly mixed.  Fold in the crumbled feta.  This can be served right away or allowed to rest in the fridge to allow the flavors to meld.  This can be stored in the fridge for 3 days.

Serve this over Greek Steak Salad

Or for a quick lunch or dinner, stuff a warm pita pocket with chicken fingers or Greek Chicken, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers and feta.  Finish it with Creamy Feta Dressing.



Creamy Feta Dressing over Greek Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment