Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Candied Maple Pecans

These things are addictive. I mean really, before you know it you will be stealing from your grandmother to feed your habit.












Servings: 1 cup
Time: Prep: 5 minutes, Cooking: 10 minutes, Resting: 30 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons, a pan, a wooden spoon, parchment paper (or a silicone baking sheet), a baking sheet, an airtight container

Ingredients:
  •  3 tablespoons salted butter
  • 1 cup pecan halves
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup (real-not artificially flavored)
  • 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar

  1. Cover the baking sheet in the parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Set aside.
  2. Put all the ingredients in the pan and stir. Heat over medium high until every thing melts, stirring often.
  3. Then turn the pan to medium low and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally. This should take 8-10 minutes.
  4. Spread the pecans in a single layer on the baking sheet and allow them to cool completely.
  5. These can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a week.

Sprinkle these on salads, over ice cream, stir them into waffles, or eat huge handfuls of them when you think no one is looking. 
Use these as a garnish on my Pear and Feta Salad or when you make my Cranberry Bacon Cheese Spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment