Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Linguine with Spinach and Pesto

This is so quick and yummy.  I use it as a side dish but it is tasty enough to eat all by its lonesome.

Servings: 4-6
Time:  Prep: 5 minutes;   Cooking:  3 minutes
Hardware:  A measuring spoon, cutting board and knife, a large pot, a colander, a serving bowl





Ingredients:
  • 4 quarts salted water
  • 1- 9 oz package of fresh linguine (I use Buitoni)
  • 2 cups fresh baby spinach
  • ½ pint cherry tomatoes
  • ½ cup of pesto (I use Classico or make my own)
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • S&P to taste
  • 2 or 3 pretty spinach leaves for garnish
  1. Put the water on to boil.
  2. Chop and seed the tomatoes.
  3. Remove the stems from the spinach and tear into bite sized pieces.
  4. When the water begins to boil add the spinach.  Boil for one minute.
  5. Add the linguine to the water.  Stir.  Boil for 2 more minutes (Be very careful as fresh pasta cooks QUICKLY.)
  6. Drain the pasta/spinach.
  7. Toss the pasta and spinach with the remaining ingredients in the serving bowl.
  8. Place the spinach leaves in the middle of the dish for garnish.
Serve warm.

Linguine with Spinach and Pesto


No comments:

Post a Comment