Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Chorizo Breakfast Sandwich



Breakfast is good for dinner!

The first time I made these they were not our favorites-the chorizo was overwhelming. But I played with the ratios and SUCCESS. These were so tasty. And because you make the patties in a sheet pan, you can easily cook for a crowd. We don’t have a crowd, so I placed pieces of parchment between the cooked sausage patties and froze them. Now we can easily have breakfast for dinner this weekend.

Servings:  6 sandwiches
Hardware:  Measuring spoons and cups, a large mixing bowl, foil, a rolling pin (or a smooth sided glass), 2 baking sheets, knife
Time: Prep-10 minutes, Cook-25 minutes





Ingredients:

  •  1-pound ground pork 
  •  2 chorizo links (5-6 ounces) I used Ole Mexican Foods
  •  ½ cup bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  •  ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
  •  2 teaspoons onion flakes
  •  1 package King Hawaiian Mini-Sub Rolls
  •  3 tablespoons soften butter
  •  Scrambled eggs, 8 slices of cheese (we used pepper jack and cheddar), sliced tomato
  •  Mayo, mustard and butter

  1.  Line one of the baking sheets with foil. Pre-heat the oven to 375˚. Set aside.
  2. Open the sausages and discard the casing. Use your hands to mix the sausage, pork, crumbs, egg, salt and 1 teaspoon taco seasoning. You may need to break up the chorizo so that it is evenly distributed throughout.
  3. Roll the pork mixture out on the foil until it is two inches wider and two inches longer than the package of rolls. Sprinkle the top of the pork mixture with the onion flakes and the rest of the taco seasoning. Place it in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. 
  4.  Smear the rolls with butter and place them in the oven for the last four minutes so they are toasted. 
  5.  Slice the pork into six slices so the patties will fit onto the rolls. Top with slices of cheese, you can pop them in the oven for a few minutes to melt it if you want. Top with scrambled eggs, slices of tomatoes and your favorite condiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment