Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Pineapple Salsa

This salsa tastes great served over Jerk Chicken or Pan Seared Caribbean Grouper. Regular pork chops can be made special by topping them with a tablespoon or two of Pineapple Salsa. It can also just be served with corn chips. It is really easy to make and will keep for a week in the fridge.

Servings:  Makes 1½ -2 cups
Time:  prep: 5-10 minutes; Rest: 2 hours-overnight
Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a cutting board and a large knife, an airtight container

Ingredients:
  • 1 pineapple
  • 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • ½ a green pepper or 3 baby bells
  • 2 large tomatoes
  • ½ teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
  • Salt

  1. Break down the pineapple.  First cut off 1 inch from the bottom and then 1 inch from the top.  Then use the knife to cut off the outside as close as possible. You may need to use the knife to cut out some of the eyes.  Then cut off the flesh down to the hard core.
  2. Chop everything and toss it together.  Taste and adjust salt.  Refrigerate for at least two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment