Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Roasted Herbed Potatoes

Servings: 4
Time:    Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 40 Minutes
Hardware:  Cutting board and knives, measuring spoons, a microwave safe bowl, foil, baking pan


Ingredients:
  • 12 new white or red potatoes
  • 1 small onion (¼ cup)
  • 4 tablespoons extra olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic crushed
  • 3 teaspoons fresh thyme
  • 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
  • S&P to taste
  1. Wash the potatoes but do not peel them.
  2. Cut the potatoes into medallions.  Try to make the medallions the same size so that they will cook evenly.
  3. Toss the potatoes and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in the bowl and microwave on high for 10 minutes. 
  4. Preheat the oven to 400°.  Line the baking pan with foil.
  5. Wash and chop the onion.
  6. Wash and dice the rosemary and thyme.
  7. Mix the potatoes, onions, garlic, thyme, rosemary, S&P, and olive oil.  Spread in a single layer on baking pan.
  8. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden brown
Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment